Sunday, July 17, 2011

Can his ex-wife come after my income?

My fiance and I plan on getting married soon but i'm afraid of doing so because his ex-wife has threatened to come after my income and garnish my taxes for child support and arrears. He pays child support every paycheck but not enough comes out because he doesn't make much money. He's behind every month but working on finding a better paying job. We live in Arizona and she moved to Texas. I'm just wondering if Arizona or Texas allow for ex-spouses to come after new spouses income for child support. I have read many posts and most of them say no but some say yes they can depending on what state it is. Also i was thinking about getting married without a state marriage license just to avoid his ex touching my money. Is that possible? If we buy anything should it only be in my name and not his? Since she can possibly come after property or any assets in both our names. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment