Sunday, July 17, 2011

Help with jealousy issue?

i had an event occur about 6 months ago where my wife told me a couple of guys hit on her, one on FB and the other in her office, she told the guy on FB that she was happily married and not interested and the guy at her office who had somewhat jokingly crossed the line several times, she just ignored his advances and more casually shrugged it off, she said this was because she didnt feel threatened and had worked with him for 3 years and he had only done this 2 or 3 times. My wife has been great and reassured me that there is no threat, after she could see i was feeling anxious about the guy at her work, she even told him that i knew about what he had said and that i was upset, and to knock it off. I've been happily married 12 years, my wife has done everything in her power to reassure me and yet i still feel vunerable and anxious, i imagine situations were the guy at her office is hitting on her, she told me about it some time after the first occurance. She still sits next to the one guy that hit on her several times and has a good work relationship with him again, i really want to talk to my wife about how i am feeling, i know its irrational, and i know she hasnt done anything wrong, but i am worried it will push her away knowing i am still having some problems. I know this is my problem and i know counseling is probably the suggestion, just want to know if you think talking it through again with my spouse would be a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment